The S&A jewellery is so unique due to the great design, talent of goldsmiths’ as well as materials used. Our jewellers and designers use only the high quality natural stones and precious metals, creating each piece with the highest precision and care for details. To make sure that you will be able to enjoy S&A jewellery for as years to come, you should remember a few simple but important rules:
1. PUTTING IT ON Do not put on jewellery before you have used hair sprays, perfumes, lotions. Jewellery can react with cosmetics, and this can cause it to get dirty or darker.The chemicals contained in cosmetics can also make the surface of natural stones less shiny and less smooth.
2. HOUSEWORK Remember to take off your jewellery before you start your housework - detergents, cleaning products can also affect the structure and the color of the jewellery and can discolor it. During cleaning or other misuse, the jewellery is also exposed to mechanical damages such as breakage, deformation, dents, stone damage and rubbing off the gold or satin surface.
3. SPORTS, RELAX Avoid wearing jewellery while bathing (shower, pool, sea), sun tanning or playing sports.Chlorine, salt water, sunscreen or our skin during exercise reacts with the jewellery; it can lose or change color or cause black marks on the skin.
4. STORING Store your jewellery properly! Use a jewellery box or delicate cotton bags to protect against humidity, sunlight and dust.Storing each product separately will protect it from scratches and abrasions.
5. CLEANING, CARE The care and cleaning of jewellery is also very important. Use clean cotton cloths or special cloths to clean and take care of your jewellery.We discourage the use the jewellery cleaners, they contain corrosive substances that will make silver look nice for a short time, but very quickly, it will start tarnishing and natural stones may start to fade.
In order to prevent silver from tarnishing, we recommend a rhodium-plated jewellery, silver, additionally coated with this precious metal, is protected against oxidation.
Just like silver or gold, amber and natural stones should be clean with mild products. When they get dirty, all you need is a gentle soap, water and a soft cotton cloth to restore their shine.
Old, hard to clean jewellery, should be handed over to the professional jeweller, who will polish it with special polishing pastes, and then give it a bath in an ultrasonic washer.